The Small and Medium Enterprise Development Support Center was established as a Public Union by a group of specialists in 2007. The founders of the organization command extensive experience of cooperation with a considerable number of local and foreign businesspeople working both in and outside Azerbaijan. Since launching public activity, members of the Union have been providing complimentary consulting services to local entrepreneurs on developing business plans, forging cooperation with local and foreign financial institutions, business start-up, developing existing businesses, etc.
The key goal of the SME Development Support Center is to facilite the protection of the rights and interests of its members and the development of small and medium enterpreneurship in Azerbaijan. The Union is carrying out the following tasks to accomplish the outlined objectives:
- assistance in increasing the awareness of executives and employees of small and medium-sized (SME) enterprises in the area of management ;
- creating a database on different markets of Azerbaijan and conducting market research for the purpose ;
- working to arrange exchange of experience abroad for SME managers in order to increase their experience ;
- creating a database on specialized personnel engaged in various fields with a view to developing human resources of the Union memb;
- conducting training sessions on different areas of business in order to increase production and the level of services in SMEs, conducting enlightenment activities, organizing seminars and roundtables ;
- informing the Union members on legislation pertaining to commercial activity and doing business, assisting them on technical and legal matters ;
- informing the Union members about new goods of domestic producers and importers to facilitate expanding the variety of goods offered by the Union members;
- cooperating with other local and foreign organizations operating in this field to achieve the above-mentioned goals.